Monday, March 5, 2007

I Love this Hadith

I recently came across this hadith and could not stop thinking about it! This hadith I believe describes the character of our beloved Prophet. It describes the attribute of a complete, intelligent and sophisticated human being.

Reported (e.g. in al-Tabaqat al-Kubra by ibn Sa’d) that Zaid ibn Thabit was once asked to describe the character of the prophet, may God’s peace and blessings be upon him. He said, “What can I say? I was his neighbor. When a piece of revelation would come to him he would call me and I would write it down. At the same time, he was with us - when we talk about dunya (life affairs) he would talk about it right along with us, when we talk about food he would talk about it right along with us. You want me to tell you everything such as that regarding him?”

1 comment:

Unknown said...

no matter how many books and how many ahadith i read regarding our Prophet Muhammad (saw) it is never enough. every time his name fascinates me in innumerable ways. & to be honest just like there is no book like the book of Allah there is no human being like the Prophet of Allah.